Monday, February 2, 2009

This is what I do.

I have had people ask me, what is an advertising copywriter?  So I thought it would be important to tell you what I do.

First of all Copywriters are the ones who write all of the ads you see.  We write everything from scripts for commercials to pamphlets and everything inbetween.  We are "writing machines."  Getting into the mind of the many is a difficult job.  

We have the privilege of coming up with the idea for the ad.  What it is going to say how is it going to say it and so on.  But for this task we are not alone, we have Art Directors as our partners to help us come up with the idea.  

Working in groups with an Art Director can be very frustrating at times, but also very rewarding.  People can work together for years, while other groups split and go their own way.  It would be great to have a partner, but it is also great having the chance to work with anyone.

My typical day as a copywriter consists of looking at the internet, writing, watching videos on youtube, writing, playing some wii, writing and just for the hell of it writing some more.

This is what I want to do for the rest of my life.  I love my job period

No comments:

Post a Comment