Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I didnt get into this industry to copy people

The advertising industry is about finding what is new and taking it to the new level.  New ideas are not easy to come up with because so much has already been done before.  But that is what separates the good from the bad.  The good always finds a way to keep things interesting and fresh.  While the others try to recycle old tired ideas that have been used for a long time.  I have seen this in Ad School and in many different ads.  I will even admit that I have thought that way sometimes, and I have made sure that they are not in my book.

To get out of this rut you have to take yourself from the situation and think; what is different about this, what sets it apart, what do people don't already know, how can I say it in an interesting way?  These questions are very important to ask yourself while you are thinking of strategies and executions.

No comments:

Post a Comment