Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The crumbling Advertising industry

The advertising industry is in a state of panic right now.  There has been massive layoffs in the last six months, massive.  A couple of agencies fired half of their staff, some fired everyone that didn't have a senior as a title.  If the economy keeps tanking I dont know if I will be able to find a job.  No one is hiring right now because they are to busy cutting the purse strings.

This was brought up because a couple of guys that I am greenhousing with at Lowe, got an internship through the Miami Ad School to go to Dubai.  They were planning on it and everything, they had been told that they were going to be there last month.  Today they received an email saying that they are not going to be there.  Our next quarter starts April 6 and they dont have anywhere to go.

I too fell in this trap.  But I finally found a place to go.  The school told me that I am accepted to Crispin Porter.  I dont know if I am going to go there, I applied for internships in Chicago, and if I get those I am going to Chicago, to get paid and see the most beautiful girl in the world.  Then after my internship was finished I would go back to the school and maybe Crispin.

In the end I believe the Karma bug came and bit this group.  They were the same group that stole my idea.  What comes around goes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment