Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bulleit Bourbon


Today I was given an interesting assignment advertise for Bulleit Bourbon.  Being a brown liquor fan that I am(especially Bourbon), I figured that this is a good excuse to toss a few back.  I would do it anyways but when it comes to research I am very thorough in my investigations.

This Bourbon has a really interesting story, just waiting for someone to tell it.  It all started back in the 1830's when a tavern keeper in Kentucky named Augustus Bulleit set out to create a unique flavor of Bourbon.  While transporting barrels of his bourbon from Kentucky to New Orleans in 1859, Augustus vanished.  He could have been robbed, killed, or even abducted by aliens, who knows, no one ever heard from him again.  No one in the family picked up his torch to continue making the family bourbon.  The recipe sat and sat waiting for the day that it could see light again.  

In 1987 Augustus' great great grandson stepped in to revive the recipe.  Tom Bulleit gave up being a lawyer to continued the almost forgotten family tradition.  

As for the taste, I don't know yet, I still need to try it.  But to me it is a interesting story non the less.  I give Tom a lot of credit to pursue his dreams, it shows that the American dream isn't dead.

I hope to have another post rating it by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment