Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Pattys day.

Yesterday was a great day and should be considered a national holiday.  Proposition 317.  But anyways I went to the NYC StP day parade and it was interesting for a little while.  Then it got to be the same thing over and over.  It was just people walking down the street.  It was lead by the US Army's fighting 69th.  I can not believe how they can march like that.  I guess they train for it all the time but still, marching in unison has to be really hard. 

The bands were interesting.  Of course you had people in Kilts playing bagpipes, but then you would also have people dressed up in civil war gear and revolutionary gear.  Playing the instruments of the day.  I liked that, it was better than watching just regular marching bands.  It made me feel like I was in that period if only for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment