Thursday, March 19, 2009

first day with my mom in NYC





She had just flown in to NYC with her friend.  My mom had never been here before.  I walked across the park to get to the hotel she was staying at to meet them.  It was rainy by the time that I met my mom on the Upper West Side, but I was excited to see her non the less.  

We had lunch at a little place on the corner, I dont really remember the place that we went but it was a burger place.  It was a little mind blowing, not because of the food but the menu.  They had so options to choose from, I really didnt know if I made the right choice or not.  They had about thirty or forty different options for just about everything.

Since it was rainy out we decided it would be a good day to go to one of the many museums in NY.  I will admit that I had gone to a lot and there was only one left that I wanted to see, the Guggenheim.  We took a cab all the way back to the Upper East Side to the Museum mile and tried to go in side.  The damn thing was closed, they don't open on Thursdays.  The only thing that we could go into was the store that they had.  So since we were there we went in.

We walked from E89th to E80th to the MET.  I had already been there with my girlfriend, but I didn't get to see all of it, because it is so massive.  It really reminded me of the Louvre in Paris, so many paintings and artifacts that if you read every single one your mind would explode.  So when we entered I turned to my mom and said, "Unless you want to be in one exhibit for the entire day don't read everything, skim it."  Luckily for me she did.  We went through the Ancient Egyptian, American, and Modern art exhibitions while we where there.  I took a picture of my favorite piece that Jackson Pollock did, it is a little out of focus but I love it so I put it as a picture.

We went back to the hotel to chill out for a little bit before we went out for dinner.  It took a long time before everyone was ready to go.

We walked from the hotel on W77th to mid town before we ducked into an Irish Bar.  I swear I don't think I have gone to any other kind of bar since I have been in NY.  I don't know why but I always find an Irish bar and that is the one I always go into.  It might be because there are so many of them but a bar is a bar.

After dinner I decided to take my mom to Times Square, we were in fact a block away from it and why not, we would have to see it sometime why not make it right now.

I left them in Times Square because it was getting late and they wanted to go back to crash.  I told them where to get a taxi from and I walked the other way.  I ended up walking right by the Radio City Music Hall on my way home.

Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment