Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mom's visit day three.






Today I had them meet me on my side of the park.  It is time to see the sights. 

I dragged them all over today.  We saw many many places, first was the Plaza Hotel off of 5th ave and E59th.  A really nice hotel that has everything rich folks would ever want.  It is probably the second ritziest hotel in NY.

Right across the street is the coolest apple store ever.  It is located under ground but it has this glass case to show people that it is there, really cool.

We walked down and went into the Trump Tower, that is right next to Tiffanies, St Patricks Cathedral and 30 Rock.  All of that in one shot was not that bad.  

Down the street was the Waldorf.  The most well known hotel in the City.  We had to go around to the side that faces third ave because they were shooting a movie in front of the hotel.  They had streets blocked off everything.  It was an Angelina Jolie movie called 'Salt.'  She was staying at the Hotel but I never saw her when we stopped in to have drinks.  I wish I would have, She could have joined us any day.  I am sure that my girlfriend Val is reading that and is fuming, but it's Angelina so if she would have I would have an even better story to tell.  I guess they rewrote the movie for her, the main character was suppose to be a man.

Next we went to the Empire State Building where I could show her NY, it was at night because I believe that is the best time to be up there.  It did take a long time to get up there, the lines were a bitch but thats ok when it is worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment