Monday, August 24, 2009

Benjamin Button

Last night I rented "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," and watched it with my girlfriend. I had been excited to see this movie ever since it came out in theaters, and last night was my first opportunity to do so.

I thought that the movie was ok, not something that was worth all of the hype they put around it when it first came out. I found the acting to be really cheesy and the story line way to predictable. I found myself filling in the blanks way way before the story was told. That made it boring for me. I don't like to sit there and guess what is going to happen only to see it happen instantly. To me the only thing that was interested was the guy that said he had been hit with lightning seven different times. I found that funny but really odd, it was like the man was always there for some odd reason.

Brad Pitt did ok in his role but it really wasn't that great of one. The character never changed throughout the movie, very stagnate. Moving from place to place and some how there was only one person that understood that he was getting younger. I dont know how that could be. The jumps of ages where ridiculous. I mean really at one time he looked like he was 70 then it was 50 then he was 30 for a long ass time.

The girl got really annoying, she liked him, she hated him, she liked him, she hated him, she loved him, she let him go, only to get back with him at the end. She had no depth as an actress in my opinion, she never made me believe. for a while she never aged it was ridiculous. She looked the same until the very end when she was an adult.

One thing I really didn't like about the movie as well was the time that it was set. They put no tension in it. No one seemed to care what color skin was on the other person, they where equals. Sure there was some moments of racism but that was for about five seconds when he was on the bus with the guy. Then they had a Cherokee Indian on the tug boat that made no sense to me. They would have never allowed that in the military at that time. He would be on the front lines cause he was part of the military code that was used at that time.

They introduced characters left and right but you never got to know any of them. Such as his sister fro Queeny. I mean she had one role and that was it. I dont even know if she is the one at the end who said he is with us or not. I think it would be but her character really fells short. I never got the connection of the characters other than the love which I also thought was week.

I give this movie 1 and a half out of five starts. I would recommend people stay away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment