Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fantasy Sports.

This is the first year that I have ever participated in any type of fantasy sports game. It all started because courosity finally took over me. All my friends did it and they were talking all about it so I decided to look into it.

It started with the NFL a couple of months ago. I did the draft and selected my players. I really didn't know what was going on, I just selected players the computer told me to select, and some I just liked. I didn't know there is a science to it. If I did I would have selected different people all together, it would have made it easier for me. I didn't really think I drafted that bad of a team I mean I had Farve, Rothlesberger, McNabb as my QB's. Colston, Wayne, and Bolden as my WR. Daniels, and Winslow JR as TE. Moreno, Parker, McClain, and Forte as my RB's, which turned out to be trouble cause the first couple of weeks they couldn't score to save their lives. So I dumped Parker and McClain cause they had an average of 0 after three or four weeks. It was really interesting to watch my team go. There are not the best by any means but they are consistent. I just have to have the team that I am playing score under 80 and I would win.

I ended up using the waiver wire a little bit this year. I will say I had too much trust in some of my players though and I didn't dump them off until late but this is my first year and I thought I would be patient with it. My team isn't that bad right now at all I am first in the league at 9-2.

I used the information that I learned from football and put it into the NBA fantasy. I think I have an advantage in that one cause I know way more about basketball than I do about football. Watching it for so many years I kind of have an eye for who will be good and who wont. It is something I picked up when I played. I wish I attended the draft but it got pushed back so many times I didn't know when it was going to happen. But I have a good team, not a great one we are winning but I dont know for how long though.

I am addicted to these fantasy games. I need to go to therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment