Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oprah Party.

Today is the Oprah Party for her 24th season hear in Chicago. She has Michigan Ave closed off if you can believe it or not. Right in front of the Wrigley building, where I just so happen to work right now they have a stage. They have James Taylor, Jennifer Hudson, Black Eyed Peas, and Rascal Flatts preforming. Right now they are going through rehearsals with the bands so they can have sound checks before 5. It seems pretty cool. They have been sounding alright, I have gone and watched them all day.

I am hoping that when I go to the lobby that I might be able to catch a glimpse of someone famous. That is because they are using our lobby as a staging area where they all sit and get their makeup on. It is really interesting. I have heard the girl I want to see Fergie is suppose to be really small. I want to see her and some of the flatts so I can brag to my girlfriend that I saw them and she didnt.

One interesting note, if you watch the concert and they show you this girl dancing the entire time in front of the stage with a blue shirt know this, she is a payed dancer. Her and her group behind her have their own little bared section so they can go through their own dance ruttiness. They are ok but I dont want people to think that they actually came and danced like that. They have a pretty big area that they took over right in the center so they can be in the middle of everything, kinda BS right?

Another thing about those dancers is that they spent the entire day trying to teach people what to do during certain songs. so the entire crowd can have the same dance. It is cool but lame at the same time. It is cool for the fact that if everyone does it it is very visually cool, but lame for the fact that they have been teaching the crowd since 11am today. It is also lame that one of the guys in charge got on the mic and said, "If you don't dance the way we say when the camera is on you we will not film you, if you jump up and down when you see the camera we will not film you, if you dance like we tell you to we might film you." But then they have a camera man right in front of the dance group so what ever, they are going to be all over that telecast. The more I write about it the more I hate it, Let people enjoy themselves at a concert dont tell them what to do. Where is the fun in that? Let them be themselves not what these dancers want, dance your own way people stick it to Oprah's people. And I will probably be killed for saying that.


(UPDATE)
I went to ground level to check out the beginning performance by the black eyed peas and the crowds dance moves, it gave me chills it was so cool. I could feel Michigan ave bouncing up and down. It was so cool what a great way to start it all off. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment